F2 Visa with 2 Yrs Kid

Hi Sir/ Mam,

My Wife is gone for studies on F1 visa in spring 2015, I want to take my kid to her mother and stay for a month and come back. I am planning to apply for F2 visa

Does saying 1 month will effect in any ways for my F2 visa, as i am the sponsor to my wife for the studies

Does any question arises on the visitor visa b1/b2

Kindly suggest your thoughts.


You should go on B-1/B-2 visa. If you are the education sponsor of your wife who is in the US, it does not make for much logic that you are now going to US as her dependent. She is technically your dependent on paper.

Best wishes

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, hopehumanityATgmailDOTcom