F1 visa immigration help

Hello there,

I am on F1 visa which will expires in June 2019 and I would like to visit India in June, I am currently doing my second masters. I have applied for PHD in same university for fall 2019. Here my question is if I get admission in PHD can I go to F1 visa interview on PHD i20 while I am doing second masters? or should I have to wait until I join PHD and go for stamping while I visit India?
Reposes are appreciated.

Thanks in advance
UR

No, you do not have to wait until you join PhD. You can get stamping done in June.
Is your second master’s complete ? or will it be complete by the time you go for stamping ?

Hello Kumar,
Thanks for the response. No, I am in second semester in second master’s, I am worry about going to stamping on second master’s.

Well, then you go for stamping for Second Master’s that’s simple. Don’t worry too much. Will you abandon your Second Masters or complete it as you still have some time to complete right ?

No, I have applied for change of program to PHD.

Then it is clear, you go for PhD stamping, that’s it why worry…Make sure you explain to Visa officer, the reason for your changes, etc.

Yes, that’s what I will be doing. Thank you for your suggestions.

1 Like