F1 to H4 in US: Marriage certificate

Hi, I am currently residing in the US, and in F1 visa. I want to change my status to H4. I have my marriage registration certificate issued in India. Will that certificate serve the purpose or I need to obtain marriage certificate issued here as well ?

Appreciate your help!


Yes, international marriage documents are upheld without dispute. They don’t like affidavits but a temple church or mosque document is accepted as is.

Hello sir ,

Is marriage certificate issued by USA court is sufficient for Visa stamping or H4 spouse needs to carry an album?
In my case we didn’t do any ritual ceremony in home country.