F1 issued in the name of X 1.5 yrs ago but planning to go to Y college


I received F-1 1.5 yrs back on the name of X college but received an offer from one of the core companies of my bachelor’s study and accepted the offer.

Now after 1.5yrs, I am planning to go for M.S again but for a beter college.

Should I go for Visa stamping again?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.


Well, here are my thoughts...If you entering US on F1-Visa for the very first time,  my understanding is that you need to report to the school that is listed on your F1 Visa stamp. You need to report to the DSO indicating your entry to US and activate your SEVIS record within 30 days of entry to US.  Read the FAQs at Dept of Homeland Security website : [http://www.ice.gov/sevis/f_1_transfers.htm](http://www.ice.gov/sevis/f_1_transfers.htm)

Honestly, your question is a little tricky one....As rules keep changing, my advice is that the best way to validate is to talk to DSO at the school you intened to tranfer ( i.e, the better school you plan to attend ) to and explain them your situation. They will suggest you the right options.