F1 COS to H4 + H4 EAD Concurrent filing

Hello,

This is related to my query on doing F1 COS to H4 + H4 EAD concurrent filing as part my spouse H1B visa processing. I am currently in F1 visa (H4 to F1COS done during 2018) working in STEM OPT and my F1 visa will get expire in July 2021. Hence I am planning to file my F1 COS to H4 + H4 EAD concurrent filing for future date (July 2021) along with spouse H1B visa extension petition. I am having the following queries regarding this

1. Can we file H1B Extension + F1 COS to H4 + H4 EAD concurrently in premium processing?

2. Can we file H1B Extension + F1 COS to H4 + H4 EAD in normal processing, wait for Biometric to get completed for COS and then upgrade to Premium processing?

3. Also, can we file H4 + H4 EAD for future date. How much time does USCIS takes to honor the request?

I just want to hear your responses and best approach to proceed as I don’t want any gap in my employment? Could you please provide your guidance?

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

1. Premium only for H1B, others will not go in premium
  2. you can but, there is no premium processing for H4 again. This is very subjective, some are faster, some are slower.
  3. It varies by location. Check https://h1bgrader.com/uscis-processing-times//h4-visa for history and plan.

It can be hard to plan H4 EAD, as there is no premium processing now. It is planned for future, but USCIS is yet to share details. So, apply for COS early, so that you may be able to get it by then.