Expected in-hand salary @ Bartlesville, Oklahoma

Hi,

I will be travelling on H-1B to Bartlesville in Ok in another 2-3 weeks time. I'm offered a annual fixed salary of [b]72k[/b].

Does anyone know what would be my in-hand salary considering all taxes as applicable to me @ state of Oklahoma.

Also, my spouse will be accompanying me through my entire stay in the US.

Thanks much!!

BR..

Assume 27% for Federal and 2% for State taxes. You will get a refund if spouse is not working. Oklahoma is a low cost state, you will do just fine.

Best wishes

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, www.chu.edu; sshankar@chu.edu

Thanks much for your response. Could you pls explain further about – " You will get a refund if spouse is not working"; I have known unlike L2 dependents, H4 dependents can’t work in the US.
Hence, please suggest if I would still qualify for “tax Refund” and what’s the process involved in that?

BR,
Ayan

I just read through a very interesting website that clearly explains the whole process involved with tax deductions for any individual working in the US.

Just need 1 clarifications around whether you talked about 27% federal and 2% state income tax liability,assuming that I would claim deduction only for myself while filling the Form W4?

BR,
Ayan.