Employment Criteria for H4 EAD

Hi,

I am currently on H4 Visa. I have completed my Bachelor degree ( Biochemistry-Chemistry),3 years course, from Mumbai University. I am also a post graduate, MSc Analytical chemistry ( by Research), 4 years from same university. I have work experience of 2.5 years in rubber industry, India. Now i am planning to apply for H4 EAD. Can i get to know if i am eligible to work in USA companies in pharmaceutical /chemical/tire/paint industries or is there any criteria of having 18 years of education ? want to know if i am ok to go ahead with my qualification to work in USA or do i need to do any course to get maximum opportunity for getting employed. Pls suggest

Thanks

Hi Anjana,

Once the EAD is issued, it does not specify or restrict employment categories or type of employment you can accept. You can work in a shoe company as a sales manager or be the managing director of a major pharma company or hold both positions at the same time without bar or constraints. Your primary H-1B will have more severe restrictions on employment. I think you will do well in quality assurance and cGMP jobs

Best wishes

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, www.chu.edu; sshankarATchu.edu

Thanks much and appreciate for the knowledge provided.