employer & client loc. are diff which state taxes to be paid in payroll

my employer is in GA and I'm working on H1B at client's place in NC

Payroll has taxes for GA

Is that OK or as I'm working at client location need to change payroll taxes to NC?

I am not a tax expert, so check w/ your CPA.

My understanding is that you will have to file 2 state returns - one out-of-state return for GA and one in-state return for NC. You will end up paying more taxes to NC and getting a refund from GA.

Ask your to deduct NC state taxes and not GA. They might be doing that as its easy for them to do that.