Employer asking for VISA filing fees ?

Hi All,

I am an employee in India and my employer had decided to apply H1B VISA for me in March 2013 without my consent. When I got to know about this I got to know about this I drafted them a mail stating “I cannot leave the country as I have some Family Issues this year”. I filed this mail in march 2013 and the filing starts in April 2013 so technically as they had time in their hand to avoid filing. But still they said that they had already processed my documents and I would have compensate the company as they have already payed the filing fees and demanded huge sum of money from me. I said it was not possible for me to do that and informed them that the I would be ready to cooperate provided they keep me in the loop for all the further information regarding the H1B process.

Now its been 6months and now my application status on the USCIS website is “Request for Evidence” and now I have another offer in mey hand where I need to join on 21st October 2013. So I put my papers to my employer, but my employer is now again demanding to pay a huge sum of money for getting the relieving letter and experience letter and they are threatening to blacklist me from VISA processing in future years.

please Suggest me what steps do I need to take as I would like to join the new employer,

regards,

Amm188