Emergency appointment for L2

Can I ask for Emergency appointments for my spouse and kids Visa interview based on my NIE has approved and I need to travel with 3-4 weeks time. Under which category I can apply for Emergency appointments for there Visa interview.

Hi Kalpesh, thank for the reply. I gone through this, but this did not help to identify under which option I shall ask for EA for my dependants. EA request has only 5 categories : ESTA Denied, Student, Urgent Business travel, Medical and Funeral. I don’t see any category wher I can apply for my dependants.

Hi Kalpesh, thank for the reply. I gone through this, but this did not help to identify under which option I shall ask for EA for my dependants. EA request has only 5 categories : ESTA Denied, Student, Urgent Business travel, Medical and Funeral. I don’t see any category wher I can apply for my dependants.

Please refer to step 3 & 4 in the link I shared. The article is very clear on what needs to be done.

Hi Kalpesh, article is clear and even same is mentioned on US embassy. The problem is one has to select a reason from predefined options from dropdown on EA form, which are : ESTA Denied, Student, Urgent Business travel, Medical and Funeral. No one is able to answer which option I shall select while applying for EA for L2. Because it is L2 it doesn’t fall under Student , Medical, Funeral option , urgent business travel seems to be appropriate but me as a L2 don’t have that need rather the primary L1A holder has to travel. Hope now I am clear in explaining my dilemma.

Did you book the appointment? After you have booked a US Visa appointment, you will see an option on the menu that says, “Emergency request”. Once you click on it, you will get a form that you need to fill with below details.
Use medical needs for L2.

• Tentative Travel Date : You should fill the date when you plan to go to US
  • Reason for Emergency : You should select the reason for asking Emergency appointment. There will be four items in the dropdown: Medical Needs, ESTA Denied, Students or Exchange visitors, Urgent Business Travel, Funeral/Death, as we described in first requirements sections. Select the appropriate one or the one closest to your need. Sometimes, it may not be clear what to select like e.g. if you are exempted under travel ban and asking for Emergency Appointment(EA) like separated with Spouse or Children. While, it is not clear, below is what many of the users used and worked.
    • Newly Married , Family Separation – You would select ‘ Medical Needs ‘ as reason for below cases
      • If you are going to US to join your spouse after wedding
      • If your spouse is in US and you are getting visa to join them.
      • If your spouse has visa stamping, and you both are going to US as you are exempt from Executive Order / Proclamation
    • Kids Vaccination , Kids Health – You would select ‘ Medical Needs ‘ as reason, if your kids needs vaccination or need to submit vaccination/medical records to school.
    • Urgency to Work : You would select ‘ Urgent Business Travel ‘ as the reason, if your employer wants you to be in US on H1B or L1 as their business is impacted or there is a strong need. In this case, employer would give you a letter stating the same.