EAD for L1 Spouse

I wanted guidance regarding my work permit for my spouse – who is on L2 VISA with me here on L1B.

As per latest USICS Immigration services update, (article link)
L-2 spouses will no longer have to apply for work authorization and need an EAD (Employment Authorization Document) as proof in order to work in the United States.

Is this right and implemented by law? If yes, may be, she can start looking for job immediately.

Does her I-94 need any specific mention about work permit?


Here is the article link

If her I94 do not have work authorization notation she cant start working unless she has a valid EAD or an expired one with timely filed extension which gives her 180 days of automatic extension of her EAD card while the extension application is being processed by USCIS

Do we know when would the changes for i94 (to indicate dependent spouse) be in effect?

I am not aware of any updates as of now. You can open a case with USCIS chatbot Emma and ask the question.

Could you find any updates on this? I have the same question as you. Thank you for starting the thread

Okay. Thank you. I couldn’t get any information from Emma.