EAC151XXXXXXX was given by university.

EAC151XXXXXXX was given by university. But they did not confirm that my application has been picked in lottery or not. Just wanted to ask if this EAC number is generated only after an application is picked in lottery or this is generated for all the applications.

YES. If you get a receipt number, as you state, your case has been selected. Next step is pending with USCIS for review. Congrats! You won the lottery.!

Thank you for responding Seanys. The reason I wanted to confirm was the school staff should know about these things better since they deal with the SEVIS updates on a daily basis. I also checked the status in USCIS website and it displays the below result. I know it looks positive but I want to be 100 % sure before I start celebrating. I’ve been waiting so long for this lottery (since 3 years).

“On April 13, 2015, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC1514XXXXXX, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 13, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to How to Change Your Address | USCIS to give us your new mailing address.”