DS 160 - Required inputs

Hi,

I am filing the DS160 and have questions on the below options. Could you please advise.

1. Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

• My application picked in 2017 lottery and provided all the docs, but it was rejected in first stage itself and not even attended the interview, I believe it was rejected due to consultancy documentation. so can i put as ‘NO’ now in DS 160.

2.Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?

• Two companies submitted my application and both are picked in lottery, now one application got RFE and it is waiting for the RFE response status. the other application got approved and submitting the DS 160 for interview, so can mention as ‘NO’ for now and attend the interview.

Thanks,

Yes.

When you are talking about H1B it is considered non-immigrant petition even if it is dual intent. If someone filed green card for you that would be immigrant petition. So you need to reply ‘NO’ to this question if no one has ever filed GC for you.

Thank you so much Kalpesh.