DS-160 Education history for parents if documents missing

Is it ok to leave the education section of DS-160 form empty for parents if they don’t have the relevant documents

Sure , you can however even if you mention and dont have the passing certificate or degree, you can say you dont have the documents. Generally speaking the consular officer dont ask for education documents for a B1/B2 applicants, especially parents.