Dropbox visa stamping experience, Nov 2022, Mumbai centre

I don’t see a flow to add the experience to H1B, H4 Experiences : Regular, Dropbox from October 20th to November 15th, 2022 - RedBus2US, so I’ll add it here. Please feel free to post it there or anywhere more appropriate.

I had a dropbox appointment for H-1B at the Mumbai centre on Oct 28. I went to the Delhi VFS centre at the appointment time. I didn’t have to pre-register for that - I just showed up at the appointment time. There was a short line. I went inside 30-40 min before the appointment time.
The visa counters were 2 floors below ground level. There were 8 counters. A security personnel checked my documents and told me to line up at one of the counters. I got the front of the line just a min before my appointment time.
I carried a lot of extra documents, but they were not necessary.
A lot of people were told that their photographs don’t match the specifications. I had taken a printout of all the instructions from Photo Composition Template and made sure my photographer adhered to the guidelines. My photo was accepted.

The VFS center had a fairly laidback vibe. Lots of reviewers on Google Maps have complained that they were taken to a luxury waiting lounge and had to pay 6000+ rupees, but no one tried to do that to me.

Oct 28, afternoon – Dropbox Appointment, I went to Delhi.
November 1 – case created
November 3 – Approved
November 4 - Issued
November 7 - Dispatched from (Mumbai?)
November 8 - holiday in Delhi, waiting to get the documents

Advice: Please make sure that the DS-160 on your appointment confirmation is correct. I had an old DS-160, so I filled a new one and added that to my cgifederal profile. I submitted the new DS-160 confirmation at my dropbox appointment. My lawyers have recommended copying the details exactly from my I-797 to my DS-160.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience.
My husband selected “Mumbai” in his DS160 and dropped the necessary documents and photo at Chennai dropbox on Nov 10th H1B dropbox appoinment.
Status at CEAC shows “No Status”. How long does it take to see the status change and to get passport back with stamping on it.

Thanks,
Sailaja Prakash

Hello U.S Travellers !

I have B1/B2 dropbox appointment in Dec 2022.
Can someone please advise on the below, at the earliest please ?

1. Do I need to submit the documents in an envelope or just carry them loose & they will take care of it ?
  2. Is it enough to carry ONLY those docs listed in the confirmation page, they won’t ask anything outside of it ?

Looking forward to some advise, please.

Thanks in advance !