Dropbox Appointment any Consulate in India

I am not seeing any appointments for dropbox at any of the consulates in India.(no calendar is displayed)
I would appreciate if anyone can tell when the slots opens and what is the current availability, I am looking for New Delhi but open to any other location of the appointment is available. Thanks.

They are opening in very small batches, you need to keep checking. You can call customer service. Now due to the US thanksgiving holidays, it may be even less.

Thank you Kumar, I tried calling customer service but they said they do not have any information on appointments, but I will keep checking on the website

US consulate appointments are extremely difficult. In fact they are a joke. Student visa appointments for Jan session are simply not available. They open just for a minute on some days at any location and very very limited slots vanish in a minute. Some slots open for March for session starting in January. And emergency appointment requests have been turned down. IT IS A BIG TAMASHA AND VERY PAINFUL EXPERIENCE FOR THOUSANDS OF STUDENTS. Drop box appointments are lower in priority.

yes and even the customer service does not have any info, we dont know the time when the slots will open and if we try to check multiple time they lock the account.

Any idea , When appointments will be open for dropbox for Jan - June. Not seeing any dates available. It mentioned somewhere will be open in batches but not sure when that will be.

I have a quick question. All my J 1 visas are on my new passport and my most recent expired J1 is in my new passport. I only have my new passport with me for drop box. My old passport is in the US. Will this be an issue when I drop of my documents at the drop box location. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Guys,
I am currently in US , but would like to visit India .
Since my visa expired, I was able to get the drop box appointment at New Delhi for next week .
Do I need to get NIE also for travel ? Is it mandatory ??
Can someone please guide me ??

Thanks and regards
Shyla

This will depend when you travel back. Starting November US will ease travel restrictions and allow fully vaccinated people to enter the US without need for NIE.

Thank you very much .
I was thinking if I can get the stamping done , can return very quickly . So even though get the stamping I cannot enter us without NIE ??

Correct, not before November.

How did you get appointment? I don’t see any available slots for any city. Any help is appreciated. Is there a time and city which opens up more as compared to others?

will they every open any appointment for drop box? Sometimes its easier to get visa appointment than drop box. Can we simply go for visa appointment instead of drop box

Not sure what time i checked. Whenever I check around between 8 to 9:30 morning India time and sometimes at 10 will see few slots available.
I saw few slots available in Hyderabad for 3 days just few minutes back.