Driving License in Chicago

Here I am in Chicago on H1B visa, my visa will expire in Feb’2015.
DMV authorities says that you need at least 6 months valid visa to get driving license.
Is there any other option to get driving license?

Hi Pankaj,

Please go back to the DMV with copy of your I-94 and demand that you be allowed to procure a license. It is prohibited by law to prevent someone from driving if such activity is required to sustain employment and livelihood in the United States.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, www.chu.edu

Good question, and many people have fallen into problems with driver’s license while on a visa like H1B. There is some information here http://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/dmv_factsheet.pdf from the government about the process of applying for a driver’s license. There is a section about the documentation you need to provide, and what happens when you are on a particular visa and there is not more than six months on the visa.