Does H1B Cap for FY13 apply to Indian Chartered Accountants.

Hello,

I am new to this very helping portal. Also i m not aware of h1b visa process. I am a Chartered Accountant and planning for h1b sometime in August. No procedure except sending my degrees for evaluation. So do CAs fall under cap OR non-cap? The agency which i suppose to process h1b says it falls under non-cap. Which category of profession falls under non-cap?

Pls help and guide me.

Thanks…

sndeora

The cap is over for you. The next day to apply is April 1, 2013 for a start date of October 1, 2013.

BTW, CAs are just treated like any other H-1 employee like medical professionals, IT professionals etc

Thanksss Saurabh. Just few more clarifications will help…Does it mean that it is possible to work in year FY13 by applying in FY13 itself. Just to add I was supposed to work from Jan13 to Mar13 only. Is it so that this time the cut off date of June 11 is fixed early as last year my friend started the procedure in July11 only he got h1 to work from Jan12.

The employer can now file H-1 in April 2013 w/ start date of Oct 2013. So it will be after the initial dates you had in mind. Discuss w/ your employer about alternatives like working remotely etc.

Thanks…

Saurabh, pls let me know whether the cut off date of June11, 2012 as is in case of this year was also the same last year OR was it extended as the cap was not reached. As informed last year my friend started the procedure in July11 only he got h1 to work from Jan12.
Thanks…

This is how the cap works - they continue to accept petitions until 65K petitions are reached. Last year that number was reached in Nov, so a person was able to file in July. This year that number was reached on June 11, and so no one can apply after that. It varies from year to year and one needs to track their counts on USCIS website to know the pace.

Hello,
I was curious to know how can you work here in USA as a CA. The reason I ask this is I am an accountant too, and the jobs here in US requires a qualified CPA .
Make sure , you are just not hired as a book keeper, cause unless ur a qualified CPA, u can be rest assuared that you won;t have authority to sign a Balance Sheet!!

the job is of finalisation of the books of accounts…not exactly book keeping…

Can I apply under H2B…what i understand is…H2B is for temporary engagement in nonagricultural employment which is seasonal, intermittent, a peak load need, or a one-time occurrence. My question is are CAs included under H2B?

Hey saurabh kindly reply — Can I apply under H2B…what i understand is…H2B is for temporary engagement in nonagricultural employment which is seasonal, intermittent, a peak load need, or a one-time occurrence. My question is are CAs included under H2B?

I don’t know about H-2 visa.