Does "Change of status" required for H4 visa stamping


I am on H1B status . I came to india 1 month ago.

Due to some personal reasons.I want to go back to US on H4 visa (my wife has H1B ).

Can i go for H4 visa stamping without applying for Change of status ? Or do i need to apply for Change of Status first And then go for H4 visa stampimg.

to my knowledge Change of status is required when you are in US and want to change from H1 to H4 - Is this correct ?

Yes, COS applies only when your are in USA.