documents required to convert h4 to h1b


we may be travelling to usa by the end of husband has a valid h1b visa and mine is h4. if i want to work in usa then what is the procedure to change my h4 to h1b,what are the documents required for this and what is the time taken for this whole process to get completed.also i need what is the slot time to apply for a conversion of h4 to h1b.

thank you

You need to find an employer willing to file H-1 for you. They can file it as early as April 1, 2014 w/ a start date of Oct 1, 2014. They can also file it w/ COS.