Do I need to send Offer Letter to USCIS for OPT STEM Extension?

I am working currently in a company on OPT and going to apply for OPT extension. I wanted to know is it mandatory to send Offer Letter to USCIS for STEM Extension. I dont have any problem sending it but I am confused about two things.

1. If I need to send Offer Letter, does it need to be address to me or USCIS? My company initial gave me Offer Letter on my name but it doesn’t have the E-verify number so I have to get a new letter. So the new letter should be address to me or USCIS?

2. Does it speed up the EAD approval process if I send Offer Letter to USCIS? Any information will help.

Sincerely,

Ishan Shah

1 Like
  1. Addressed to you

2. I don’t think it will speed up, but it willr reduce the chances of RFE

You should also include a cover letter explaining what all is included in the package (like the offer letter etc).

Ok. Also, Do I need to send Offer Letter from previous employer to or current employer only. Thank your for your help :).

You have the onus to show that you didn’t stay unemployed for more than 90 days during your OPT term. So you can attach payslips and offer letter to show that you didn’t break that requirement.