Do i need to inform the home department about the filing of divorce?

I am an indian working in usa and i am on h1 visa. my wife is on h4 visa. recently i filed divorce against her in india. should I inform the immigration or the home department about this? plz advice.

AS she is your dependent…once your divorce is approved she cannot be on H4 status

Yes, she will be out of status. It is better to request her to leave the country.