Did not recieve I-797 A after approval, USCIS says submit I-824 and pay another~ $500

Hi Kumar,

My F1 got approved on December 29th, 2020. I have not received the I-797 A approval notice yet (today is January 21, 2021), and when I contacted USCIS through submitting an inquiry as no one picks up the phone there anymore! This is the response I have got.

“For U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to resend an Approval Notice that was not returned to our offices, it is necessary to complete a Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, along with the correct fees and original signature. When requesting a duplicate approval notice, please be sure to fill in your receipt number in Part 3, Other Information, Question 1 of Form I-824. After the application is complete, please file it according to the filing instructions listed under Form I-824 at www.uscis.gov/.”

My question is, why should I pay another 500 dollars for this new form when they failed to send it? Is there a way around it? They have not shared any information for tracking the package that they had sent.

Thank you,
With kind regards,
Pallavi