Consular to Change of Status

Hi, I am currently in US. I have my L1B approved yesterday. My H1 also got picked up this year in lottery and my attorney filed H1B as Consular processing instead of change of status because at the time of H1B petition I am yet to file my L1 extension and it was about to expire on august 04th. So they filed H1 Consular and I am yet to received the decision.

Question is can I change my category to Change of Status now as I have my valid L1 visa.

Please help. Thank you

Yes, your employer can file H1B amendment amend for change of status. Consult your employer’s immigration lawyer and discuss.