Changing my visa from B1 to H1...Can I stay in the country.

Good day.I am currently on a B1 visa and we initially just came over to the usa to see how it is and my potential employer asked me if we could stay so I can help him get the company of the ground.Question is can I change my status from b1 to h1 without leaving the country.

B1 is business visa, legally you can use it to attend business conferences and meetings etc. But abusing it for a longer stay may put you in trouble.

Your employer can file a new H1 petition for you, if selected in lottery and approved, the earliest that you can work on that H1 visa only from October of that year OR later but not before.