Change to US based employer from India on H1B?

I am having over 7 years of of experience in software and have worked in USA for 2 years on H-1B visa for my current India based MNC A. i retunred to India 4 months back and now again want to go back to USA but my current employer A does not seem to be interested in sending me back to USA in near future on any assignment. I still have a valid H1B visa with approved Visa stamping till Dec2014.

I have an offer from a small US based consultancy firm B(in all probability a body-shopper) who are willing to sponsor my H1 and provide me with an opportunity to work in USA for its clients. The salary offered by this company is not very attractive, but enough for survival with my wife and kid. They would also file GC for me as I am willing to settle down in USA but this is not possible with my present employer.

My questions are:-

1. Being in india, Is it worth leaving my present employer, who is among the top 3 companies in India for a small sized consulting company? (Please answer both from a career and living perspective, I am well settled in India, but from past experience I feel that USA has a better life to offer for me and my family)
  2. Can i resign from my current employer A, while being in india and ask B to transfer my Visa on their name?
    3)do you see any risk in transferring Visa to a US based firm from india based MNC? any advice you want to give?
  3. will i have to go for Visa stamping again or are there any other formalities required other than obtaining a new patition on the name of new employer?

Thanks.

Rahul

1. Being in india, Is it worth leaving my present employer, who is among the top 3 companies in India for a small sized consulting company? (Please answer both from a career and living perspective, I am well settled in India, but from past experience I feel that USA has a better life to offer for me and my family)

Gagan>> This is you who have to evalutate the standard of living. I just want you to consider the status of the consultant you want to work for. There are many consultants in US who work on this model and not everyone is reputed or genuine. So please investigate everything before coming. Is the company ready to pay for your H1B transfer or you have to pay for that? Does he already have a job or you will have to look for the job after coming here?

Consider pros and cons before coming here.

1. Can i resign from my current employer A, while being in india and ask B to transfer my Visa on their name?

Gagan>> Ask the consultant before resigning.

3)do you see any risk in transferring Visa to a US based firm from india based MNC? any advice you want to give?

Gagan>> I already answered that in first part. There are no legel problems as long as the consultant has good reputation here. I have seen some H1b transfers got rejected because of consultant reputation, and there are many good consulltants too.

1. will i have to go for Visa stamping again or are there any other formalities required other than obtaining a new patition on the name of new employer?