Change of Status from L1B to L2 when both spouses work for the same firm

My husband and me work for the same firm ‘X’ and are both onsite on L1B. I want to change my status to L2 and move to his city. I have the following questions

1.   Does my L2 Status become active as soon as I apply for the change of status? Or does it become active once it is approved?

2.   In the event that it becomes active as soon as I apply, and I apply for an EAD with the initial request , can I continue to work with 'X' while the application is in process? If not, how many days do I have to turn in my resignation?

3.   In the event that it becomes active once COS is approved, Can I continue to work with 'X' on my existing L1-B till the L2 and EAD are approved?

4.   When I apply for an EAD along with the Change of Status, do both of them usually become effective around the same time?

Responses will be appreciated.

1. It goes into effect from the approval date and not filing date. You will remain on L-1 status until then.

2. Refer (1). You have to stop working once COS goes into effect. You can work for X once EAD gets approved.

3. If EAD is approved along w/ COS, then you can continue working for them w/ no breaks. If EAD is approved separately from COS, then you cannot work b/w COS approval date and EAD approval date.

4. I am not sure