Change of employer before vacation in India

Hi,

I am in US for 4 months now and came here in H1B raised by my current employer. I am currently holding offers from few companies and one of it is my dream job. Since I am getting married in September, I will have to come to India for 3 weeks. I would like to know if the change of employer will create a hassle in port of entry. Below are my questions:

1. Is it best to stay with my current employer until I return back from India trip?
  2. Will be any issues while returning back to US in the port of entry?
  3. Will there by any issues for my wife to get her H4 visa as her DS160 form contains details of my current employer?

Please advice.

Thanks,
SkepticalGuy

Here is what you can do:

1. Ask the new employer to file cap-exempt petition (aka H-1 transfer) for you.

2. See if it gets approved before you leave US. If not, ask employer if it can be upgraded to PP

3. Get married and send your wife for H-4 visa stamping using the new petition and other documents. You mentioned “dream job”, so I assume it is a big employer and visa stamping should be easy.

4. Return to work for that new employer and show new petition and old visa stamp at the PoE.

If you wait until Sep, then this job may no longer be available. Just my 2 cents.