CAP exempt H1b timeline.

I had h1b valid till sep 2014. However I could not travel to US and petition expired. It was not stamped. I have filled under CAP exemption category in october. Is there any specific or approximate period in which I can expect progress.? Since last 2 months status is ’ case was received’.
Thanks in advance.

Usual processing time is 2-3 months but it can be delayed as well. Check the processing time for I-129 for your processing center on USCIS website. That could provide additional info.

My centre is Vermott . When I went through timelines there is no infomation for I 129 for exemption case.it just says dates like april 2014. Could you please help me understand. Rely grateful for the help. Thank you so much.

They have mentioned exemption cases for those within US (Extension of stay in the U.S.) which is May 2015. Your’s would be visa to be issued abroad and its date is Apr 2015.

There are still lot of pending cases from cap-subject filings. That could be the cause of delay.

But I have filed my cao exempt in october 1st week, so that means I have to wait til next year April i.e april 2016 ? Because ths says April 2015 but mine is filed after tht

They are currently processing the petitions filed in April 2015. However, it will pick-up speed soon. It is stuck at that date b/c >85K petitions were filed then. After that, it should be usual work load.

I am also in the same category. My H1b visa got expired.I have filled the H1B under CAP Exempt on June 18. Still the status shows “My case Received”. It has been around 5.5 months of time. If any one who has an idea on any H1B which got approved in the recent times under the CAP exempt, Please let me know the processing time of that. Thanks om advance.

Did u get any update? processing time has been updated on website

Hi, Even i am having the similar problem. We have filed H1B cap exempt on Sep 11 2015 since then my status shows " CASE received" . Its been more than 8 months since my petition was filed. Can you please advise if any one had received the decision who had filed during that time span ?

Hi, Even i am having the similar problem. We have filed H1B cap exempt on Sep 11 2015 since then my status shows " CASE received" . Its been more than 8 months since my petition was filed. Can you please advise if any one had received the decision who had filed during that time span ?