Can my wife change her visa from L2 to L1?

I am travelling to US in next month. My wife works for Company A which may or may not approve her internal transfer to the US subidiary. Can she apply for an L2 right now and change it to L1B when her company approves her internal transfer?

Yes, she can apply for L-2 to L-1 COS while staying within US as long as she qualifies for the L-1. In case of denial, she can apply for EAD and work on L-2 EAD.