Can my expired VISA be reinstated?

I worked in US from Jan 2009 to Jan 2013 and came back to india for Masters. My Visa expired on Oct 2013. Now since I did not utilized my VISA fully, is there a way to reinstate my VISA, if so how? I heard of cap exempt. Is it applicable here?

Yes… you are eligible. you can apply for H1B under Cap Exempt.