Can I travelled to Canada for Business on H1B

I am on H1B and my clients wants me to travel to Canada for business purpose for short trip 1 or 2 weeks in 3 months. I do not wish to surrender I-94 while crossing the country.

Am I eligible to travel to Canada on H1B?

Thanks in advance.


You have to apply for Canadian visa to travel to Canada. You can travel anywhere out of the country when you are on H1B status, there will not be any problem. I assume you have your H1 stamped.

While travelling to Canada, mostly they wont take out your I-94 when you cross the border by road, as I didnt have mine taken when I travelled.

Even if they did, you would have another issued while you return.