Can I travel with H1b name change amendment receipt?


I have a query regarding name correction (name split) amendment for H1b visa. My visa stamping was done on Aug’18 and mid Sep’18 my name correction amendment (Name split) was filed. I got the receipt but still waiting for approval. Can I travel using the receipt notice or I need to wait for approval?

Name as per stamped passport: First Name – abc xyz , Last Name -

Name a per new passport (corrected) : First Name – abc , Last Name - xyz

Since this amendment is only for my name split as per my new passport so normally how much time it should take for the approval and is there any way to expedite it?

Please note that I will travel to US first time.