Can i return to US to visit after my green card file was canceled?

Hi. i am a Canadian citizen, i lived in the US for 5 years. during that time, i acquired a legal alien status, got my EAD and everything. But i left without getting the advanced parole. i tried to go back to US, but they didn’t let me in and canceled my green card file after a while. my parents who still live in the US received the letter just a few weeks ago.

My question is since i am a Canadian citizen, i was wondering if i can cross the border just to visit like normal canadian citizens who can go to US for a visit. AND, this would impact any future visa i plan to get (student visa or a work visa).

I would suggest talking to a good attorney before doing this.