Can I renew my H1b visa from US.

I have valid H1-B visa which as expired on 2014, June and I have never gone there. Currently my husband applied for his H1B visa and for my case it is H4. My question is, can I renew it from US if I will travel with my husband. If yes then how?

Also my husband’s visa is now on REF and it has covered 1 months. Still now he has not get any response or received any mail regarding his REF. His manager trying to puss it on premium. My question is, how long it will take.

Thanks

Sumi

can I renew it from US if I will travel with my husband. If yes then how? - Yes once you come here, you need to find an employer, the employer can file for change of status(CoS) from H4 to H1. You won’t be counted against the cap and won’t need to go thru the lottery again.

His manager trying to puss it on premium. My question is, how long it will take. - If his company upgrades to premium then you should hear something back in 15 calendar days. The speed of the whole process of filling papers to upgrade to premium will depend on his employer and attorney. Best of Luck!