Can I move jobs to Private company job this year if H1B Visa Cap reached ?

I work for a public university and so my first H1B was filed under no quotas. If I plan to shift jobs now, will I be able to get a new H1B from any private company or I am restricted to work in the university only till my H1B for new company starts in 2013?

You can change job to another cap-exempted employer. To move to a private firm, you have to go through the cap.