Can I have two residential address while on H1b


I am currently working on H1B in a state but I am planning to move my family to another state because my wife - who is on H4 is planning to start a master program in the other state. Is it lawful to rent an apartment and children attending school school in a state while i work in another state.


Most of the people do it. U can. One of my friends stay in NJ and Work in NY.

It may be an issue while filing TDS/Tax, not sure though