Can i get my H1B visa tranferred with other employer.

My H1B visa was processed with my previous Employer A and he is not ready to give I797B form to me. The only document which i have is the H1B visa stamped on my Passport. if i want to transfer my H1B visa to other company B can i get it done with out I1797 B form.

For your info…Its been more than 1 1/2 year i left Company A.

Please suggest…


Jagadish A

When you appeared for visa stamping, you must have received the petition. Didn’t you keep a copy for yourself at that time?

For B to file a cap-exempt petition, they would need a copy of A’s approved petition or at least the receipt number. The receipt number should be present in the visa stamp in your passport.