Can I enroll for MS as an Instate student ?


My spouse works for a US employer (on his H1) and has been paying state tax for the past 2 months.

M intrested in enrolling for an MS program.

Can I enroll as instate student? Will I be eligible to be considered as Instate and pay instate tution fee ?

Please elaborate on when is a student considered as “Instate”?

Thanks Much!

To be eligible for in-state, typically the Universities of state requires that the person stays in the state for at least one year and pays the state tax. Every state has their own rules. I suggest you speak to the University you are enrolling to and check with them the requirements for in-state. You can give them a quick call, they should guide you or you can check their website too.