Can i continue in USA while F1to F4 gets transferred?

eg- i came usa on F1 VISA on jan 2010 , my sister ( us citizen)apply for my greeancard ( f4) on jan 2014 , visa valid upto jan 2015. F4 visa takes normally 10 to 15 years. so can stay in usa once my student visa gets over till i get green card ,say like jan 2024. , and can i get social security number during that time and can i work outside ? … plus i dont go outside side during that time.