Can I change my visa H1 to E2 while being under a GC process?

Hi there,

First of all, great job for what you do!!!

I am French national and have been working for a French firm based in the US for almost 4 years now. I am under H1b right now and my concern is that my wife cannot work with a H4. I am currently in process of GC (PERM process stage) and it will be long before my wife can get a work permit. 

Therefore, can I ask my company to switch my H1b visa to a Visa E2 while continuing the GC process so that my wife can work in the meantime?

Seems like I match all requirements to qualify for E-2 classification, the employee of a treaty investor.

Please let me know if you need more information.


[b]Jean-Michel VAN[/b]