Can I apply L1 from USA after completing the cooling period of 365 days?

I am currently on cooling period outside USA after reaching L1 max out. My wife is H1 and working in USA. Once my cooling period is over then can i goto USA through H4 / B2 and apply L1 from USA ? Any issues ? If possible which is the best visa to enter USA after cooling period - B2 / H4 ?

You can apply for Change of Status from H4 to L1, if you qualify for the same. In general, it is not recommend to travel on B2 and do COS.
Also, if you are anyways going to do Change of Status, it is better to file for L1 now and go for visa stamping and then enter US on L1, it is a better idea…