Can I apply for a B1/B2 visa from company A, while I hold a valid H-1B from company B already?

I’m currently in India, holding a valid H-1B visa with company A, which I haven’t traveled on as yet. What will be the implications on my H1-B if I apply for a B1/B2 visa now through company B, as I might have to travel to US for an event. Are there chances of my H1-B getting cancelled? and what documents will I be required to carry at the port of entry