Can COS to L1 A and H1B be filed simultaneously

I am currently on L1B blanket , can a change of status to L1 A blanket and H1B be filed simultaneously?

My employer just filed for change of status to L1A blanket but now I asking them to try the option to file COS to H1B. Is it possible?

Yes, they can be filed in parallel. The petition that gets approved later will determine your eventual status.

• L-1A COS approved followed by H-1B COS approval => you will be on L-1A b/w it’s approval and H-1 approval (or Oct 1) and on H-1 thereafter

• H-1B COS approved followed by L-1A COS approval (prior to Oct 1) => you will be on L-1B until L-1A approval, then on L-1A from its approval date and finally on H-1 from Oct 1

• H-1B COS approved followed by L-1A COS approval (after Oct 1) => you will be on L-1B until L-1A approval, then on L-1A from Oct 1

Remember it’s not the approval date that matters for H-1. It’s the date it goes into effect. So H-1 COS approved in July will still go into effect from Oct 1 and invalidate any L-1 COS approved b/w July and Oct.

Suggest talking to your attorney as well about it.