BIB2 VISA renewal - Dropbox?

Hi my B1B2 tourist visa expired on 20th February this year and i had booked Biometrix interview at Chennai VAC on 23rd February 2020. Due to Corona it has since been postponed.

Now it seems other visa categories US embassy has started appointments. I have two questios.

1] B1B2 when likely to open?

2] Whether i am eligible for dropbox facility even without biometric since I am at Bangalore and being a senior citizen, I would like to avoid travel

Regards
Vijaykumar

1. Not yet open for regular operations yet. We do not know.
  2. If your age is over 80 years, you maybe able to get dropbox appointment. The system will show the same, if you are eligible.

My US Visa expired in Feb 20. Now I filled Form D160, paid Visa Fee and when I go to Schedule OFC Appointment for Dropbox, it says “There are currently no appointments available”.
What shall I do ??
(I am posting my question here as could not find place to write)

2 posts were split to a new topic: B1 B2 Mistake - Apply for B2 Parents Visa Dropbox - How to fix ? Renewal?

Hi,

Same here! I am eligible for a Dropbox renewal. have paid the visa fees but Mumbai shows 1st appointment in November 2021.

Would be grateful if you if someone has any information on the same.

TIA
Swapna

Hi !
Don’t get yourself bothered with this November 2021 date, They keep opening slots for Dropbox once or twice a month, so keep checking for availability, I got it like that only and got my visa renewed.
Best of Luck :crossed_fingers: