Ref : B2 VISA extension : I-539 extend stay until 12-25-2021
Current status : Bio Metrics provided
My mother came to USA on 26 Dec 2020 Her initial I94 was valid till 26th June 2021.
Due to Corona, we have applied for initial B2 VISA Extension of stay I-539 requested until 26th Dec 2021.
We have provided bio-metrics during Sep 2021.
After that no update on the case. Her I-539, Application is still pending with USCIS.
We would like to evaluate and seek advice on the following options :
Option # 1 : Can we file another extension request further pushing the stay (2nd extension) - on medical grounds?even while waiting for the decision on the first one. If so, is it considered a lawful stay which is beyond 1 year ?
Query : Does 240 days rule apply here ?
Option # 2 : Is it suggestible to leave the country by requested extension date ?
Appreciate any response.