B2 for in-laws when kids not in country


I am planning to apply B2 for my parents. Me and my brother (only kids) will be living in Canada for next one year. My sister in law will be in US and she will sponsor my parents. Is there a risk of visa refusal since me and my brother will not hold a valid US visa? I read that sponsor’s spouse’s (my brother’s in this case) documents are also required.

Not really, as far as the sponsor is in a valid status.

I dont think so.