B1 visa need to re-enter on F1 (stamped on passport already)

Hi, I already have F1 stamped on passport and came to US on B1 a few months ago for vacations.

What are my options to just re-enter the country on F1? Can I just go to border patrol, and walk back in? looking for financially feasible options.

​​​​​​​thank you

You will need to cross the border and be re-admitted back after CBP inspection. You can use Mexico or Canada borders. Make sure you have all supporting documents for F1.

  • Form I-20 signed by your DSO
  • Copy of your acceptance and admission letters from the school
  • A receipt for the I-901 SEVIS fee payment
  • Documentation to prove valid financial support for your US education
  • Original documents relating to your undergraduate and/or other education degrees
  • A copy of any past educational transcripts
  • The name and contact information of your school’s DSO
  • Your address in the United States.

Be ready with your plan B if your entry on F1 is denied for whatever reason.