B1 visa and Permanent Residency

My H1 B visa expires in May 2013 and my employer is in the process of applying for. Permanent residency for me. I have a trip planned to Jamaica in July 2013 and by that time my application for permanent residency would have been filed. Can I return to the USA on my B1 visa?

Yes, you can enter on B1, if you get B1 visa…But, you cannot work if you enter US on B1 visa, it should be used only for business meetings…

Did you mean Green card ? if so, what stage are you in ? You can apply for H1B extension, if you an approved labor filed before 12 months of the expiry of H1B .