The B1/B2 tourist visa for my in-laws(FIL, MIL, BIL) has been denied twice before. Both the attempts were made within few months in Dec 2019. Quick background - I got married in July 2019 and immediately after my wife moved with me to US. At the time of my In-laws’s visa interview, their both daughters & my MIL’s brother were in USA. (my wife on H4 visa, her sister on F1 visa & MIL’s brother is a US citizen). First attempt was before I was married and second was after. The VO did not ask for any documents either times, just asked 2nd time what changed since the 1st time they applied & my FIL mentioned that his daughter is married and based in US now.
Me & my wife are pregnant now & are planning to get visa for my in-laws so that they can come visit us. This would be their 3rd attempt. I had a few questions as follows -
- Is it preferable that this time we apply only for my MIL as she is our first priority to be with us?
- Or should we apply for both FIL & MIL except BIL?
- Should we attach a pregnancy letter? should it show any kind of emergency or normal letter is fine? and should it come from the doctor?
- Both the prior VIs were in Mumbai consulate. Should we change the consulate this time? if yes, is there a preference?
- Should we explore other options for applying for their visa like through tours & travels or a business trip? or pregnancy is the best reason?
- Is there anything different we should be doing? Any tips? Dos & Don’ts?
Anybody who has any experience or knowledge that can help in this situation is welcome to respond.